Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Note from Mrs. Fields


Yesterday I emailed Georgia's teacher and volunteered myself as a helper in or out of the classroom. I also told her how much Georgia loves school and that I know she can be a challenge. Here is her response to that part of my note:

Georgia is delightful! I just have to keep her from "helping" too much. Ha, Ha! She was working on another child's paper the other day and when I called her on it she said, "well, he had them all wrong!" She was right but I had to remind her that it was my job to "help" him. It was very funny! She is a smart little ball of enthusiasm! I am enjoying her. PS She hates to "get in trouble" but can always tell me exactly what she did and what she could do differently. A great combination!

I feel good that Mrs. Fields sees Georgia as enthusiastic, because I think that is exactly what she is. The flip side of that, of course, is overbearing and annoying, which she can be, as well. But Mrs. Fields seems to see the positive of that, which is great for Georgia.

Also, Georgia is officially a ballerina! We ran over to the studio last night and signed her up for classes starting this Thursday night. The stuido is in Blue Ash so Brian will be able to meet us over there after work sometimes. She is so so so excited! We bought the official leotard and shoes last night. When she tried the leotard on in the dressing room, she said, "well, it feels good but I need to try it out." Then she did a few "moves" to make sure the leotard fit properly.

Brian started school on Monday and is pretty excited about it. He has to his other class tonight. We both think this will give him an edge when he looks for jobs in the future.